Monday 9 September 2013

First Blog Post!

And so my Essential gap year has begun at last (hazzar!), and I find myself in my second week of training and at William Booth Training College, in South London. It has been a wonderfully engaging and inspiring couple of weeks so far; we've been team building, adventuring and exploring in Gilwell Park, and I've also been making plans for this next year with my church family. I'm more excited than ever before to embark on my placement at Stepney Green Salvation Army, they are wonderful and I simply cannot wait to spend this next year growing with them!

Personal challenges this past week have been numerous, and I'm learning to be more ready to accept change and also to accept new challenges that may face me - including leaps of faith from scaffolding platforms really high up! I've learnt a lot from the a-lovely ALOVE UK team, and the Essential students too, but more than anything I've really enjoyed the periods of reflection following our discussions and seminars. God has revealed himself to be at work in all the individuals that surround me, in the beautiful and dynamic settings we stay in, and also in me too. I feel like I'm teetering on the brink of a  big change in my life, and not unlike that leap of faith in Gilwell Park, I am on the edge of the platform surveying where I'm meant to be going and readying myself for that leap of faith, knowing that God will guide me and keep me safe - and that is wonderfully exciting!

For now, good bye, and may God continue to bless you and keep you!




3 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that God has a plan for you and will let you know when it's right. Be assured of my thoughts and prayers over the next year as you discover this plan and learn more and more what it means to be disciple of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.I did Essential a few years ago and it was great to read this. I am so encouraged by your learning and openness. Its so good to hear you are making the most of every opportunity and over coming fears. Reflection is so important to your year so keep going with that. I am excited to hear how God will use and transform you this year. Rely fully on God, he will never let you down. I will be praying for you.:) Helen Loxley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lottie, you will already see and be encouraged no doubt by that fact that people want to support you in prayer and want to hear more about your Essential year. So excited for you as you look to take another leap of faith - I'm sure it won't be the last one either!! ;-)

    Have a great year with Essential

    ReplyDelete